Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Hi

I currently have the iPhone 3GS on the O2 simplicity tariff (web bolt on) and I can't seem to get a 3G signal however full bars when making calls. My Nokia E71 on T-Mobile works fine with 3G.

I'm using mobile.o2.co.uk, vertigo, password

All I get is a round circle

Thanks

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Hi

I currently have the iPhone 3GS on the O2 simplicity tariff (web bolt on) and I can't seem to get a 3G signal however full bars when making calls. My Nokia E71 on T-Mobile works fine with 3G.

I'm using mobile.o2.co.uk, vertigo, password

All I get is a round circle

Thanks

I'm not sure that I understand your problem clearly because your title suggests it's a web settings problem whereas the body of your post suggests that it is a lack of 3G reception/signal.

Are you sure that you have 3G enabled? (Settings > General > Network)

Have a look at these settings:

http://www.mphone.co.uk/mms_wap_settings_o2.html

tyranical

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Just because you get 3g in one place with T mobile, does not mean you'll get it in the same place with O2, different networks.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
O2's coverage is terrible. I rarely see 3G on my phone and it never appears in my town or any of the surrounding towns.

molala

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Cambridge, UK
Rarely see 3G on my phone too. Usually see Edge, sometimes the round circle.

And yes, those are the correct web settings for Simplicity.

just21

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2009
My 3g signal is weaker on v3 than v2.2.1 in central London on both a 3gs and 3g Iphone. I redsnow and ultrasnowed the 3g and tried vodafone and three networks. Vodafone was worse than 02 but three is great, 5 bars everywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.