Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:01 PM   #2
Sky Blue

Already on the front page

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=731745
Sky Blue is offline   0
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:33 PM   #3
rotarypower101
macrumors regular

never read the front page....my links direct me right here.

Anyway, i played with it for a few minutes, and it seems to be much better than it ever has been for me(read: I have had extensive troubles with all 3 of our machines )

I dont know if it is a permanent change, but here is hopping!
our menus are much,much snappier.
the issues of lag are decreased substantially. most I had to wait was ~10 seconds in any combination of what I consider to be a “taxing” navigation selection change for the TV.

I really like the new aesthetics, and the ability of the iphone app to display not/partially/already watched items.

The ability to completely do away with the little white remote is also a great advantage!

a BIG THANKS to the boys and girls in the TV software department :bigthumb:
rotarypower101 is offline   0
Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:59 PM   #4
Vagrant Pistol
macrumors member

They did a nice make over of the interface....and the speed of the remote when you scroll through your library is quite fast. Much better than the Harmony remotes.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:04 AM   #5
imacdaddy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Pistol View Post
They did a nice make over of the interface....and the speed of the remote when you scroll through your library is quite fast. Much better than the Harmony remotes.
I'm totally loving the remote app update. The ATV menu scrolls like butter! So much faster than the reg remote.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:23 AM   #6
Bcos17
macrumors newbie

Sorting Modes

I am really happy about the new Sort modes in the latest update. In the previous version all of my TV shows were listed backwards (season 7 at the top episode 20, then S7 E 19 etc... with Season 1 episode 1 at the bottom. I always wanted to have them ordered just as they are in Itunes, Season 1 at the top E 1 and then down from there. I called Apple numerous times and every time I was told "This is a known Issue, with no fix." Now when listed by "Show" they appear as I thought they should.
Bcos17 is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater