|Jun 25, 2009, 10:59 PM||#1|
After Ultrasnow "Different SIM" Message
After I installed ultrasnow following the guide to the T, I insert my international SIM card (in the Bahamas). I get a message saying Different SIM Detected". The problem is that its detecting the network with all bars in the top left corner.
Anyone have any ideas? I've been searching the net for a work around sims ultrasnow has been released.
|Jun 27, 2009, 09:39 PM||#2|
Get Past "Different Sim Detected" message and keep iPhone from Locking Down into Emergency Call Mode
For this procedure You Need:
1. To Be willing to Blank/Lose ALL Data from your iPhone
** You Might Be able to keep your data by restoring from a backup after this procedure... but I am Not Sure
** I didn't try because I'm giving this phone to my girlfriend and I don't want here to see the numbers to my other bitches
2. Get A Blank/Inactive Sim Card from AT&T (T-Moblie might work as well, not sure)
3. A Wifi/Wireless internet connection for your iPhone
4. Redsnow application for JailBreak
5. Firmware file 3.0 "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" for Redsnow to operate
!!!!!!!!!! BEGIN PROCEDURE !!!!!!!!!!
- Get A Blank/Inactive Sim Card
* I went into AT&T and they just gave me one
* Don't let them scan it... that activates it and you need a blank for this procedure *
*** You are Going to Lose Your Ability To Restore Data From Itunes Beyond This Point ***
- Get iTunes to a point where it is setting up a - NEW iPhone when you plug your iphone in
There may be other ways but I went to the extreme to be sure:
- Uninstall iTunes and DELETE ALL ITUNES Data And Backups Including Firmware *.ipsw files
- I believe deleting the itunes installation directory will do
*** You are Going to Lose ALL DATA On Your PHONE Beyond This Line ***
- Turn Phone: OFF
- Insert BLANK SIM
- Enter Phone into "FORCED RESTORE Mode" By doing the following:
-- Have iTunes 8.2 Open
-- With the Phone OFF... Hold Down The Home Button and Plug the phone into USB While STILL Holding The Home Button
-- Keep Holding The Home Button until you get a reaction from iTunes
- iTunes will say: it has "located a phone in recovery mode" << or something of that sort
- Proceed with the restore/update to 3.0 when prompted
** DO NOT RESTORE FROM Previous backups that have data **
** I believe the backups contain the SIM Carrier ID which will cause a conflict when you insert a SIM from a different Carrier
** In theory this is why we are getting the "Different SIM detected Message"
- When the restore is complete it said something like "Waiting for activation" or "Not activated"... This IS What we want
-- Turn Airplane Mode: ON
-- Turn 3G: OFF
-- Turn WiFI: ON
* This may not be necessary... I just did it as a precaution to keep the phone from reaching a carrier signal and lockdown into emergency call mode
- JailBreak Phone with RedSnow using the 3.0 firmware file: iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
- Install Cydia during jailbreak
- Install Ultrasnow
-- In cydia add source: repo666.ultrasn0w.com (the 0 in sn0w is a 0-ZERO)
-- Intstall UltraSnow from source or by searching for ultrasnow in cydia search
- When ultrasnow is installed:
- Turn Phone OFF
** Don't MIX Up The SIMS or you will have to do this all over again
- Take Blank SIM Out
- Put NEW Carrier SIM IN (such as T-Mobile)
Turn Phone ON
- Turn Airplane Mode: OFF
- Turn 3G: On
* You should see your NEW carrier signal come online =)
* If you do not see your carrier signal come on with a reasnoable amount of time - just reboot once more
** This has worked for me twice on 2 phones.
** The KEY is AVOIDING Activation/Carrier Signal until ultrasnow is installed
|Jul 14, 2009, 09:22 PM||#3|
I tried following these steps and several other, but constantly ended up with the "different sim detected" error... I finally gave in and plugged into iTunes, right away the phone reported it was activated.
i7 iMac 2.93 27"
i7 MBP 2.66 15"
Nehalem 8 Core MP 2.26
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For anyone with a LOCKED AT&T 5s (no "No SIM" message?)||bwapod||iPhone||0||Oct 17, 2013 06:12 AM|
|Carrier: orange unlock and message "no sim supported by activation policy"||Nicholas.C||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||19||Sep 4, 2013 06:54 AM|
|Disable Mail.app message "cannot send message"||kvdv||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion||3||May 29, 2013 09:50 AM|
|Message notification displaying incorrect account, displays "voicemail"||Sambob75||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||8||Oct 21, 2012 08:08 AM|
|Upgraded to iOS 5.1.1, but now getting "no SIM card installed" message||maus||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||1||Jun 2, 2012 07:52 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.