Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 26, 2009, 09:19 AM   #1
phaedo5
macrumors newbie

Bonjour

I have a small network of mac computers. We obviously have Bonjour. Everything works great except for one guy can not initiate an IM using iChat, Adium, what ever.

Everything else works fine. File sharing is fine. He shows up fine on my buddy list. I can IM him, and he can respond just fine. The one single thing he can not do is start an IM to anyone else. (I take that back, he can initiate chat instances to Windows computers on the Bonjour network - there's only a couple).

It's so bizarre. I can't figure it out. I don't see how every other thing about our network and Bonjour can work for everyone except for this one single issue.

Any ideas?
phaedo5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2009, 01:10 PM   #2
lag1090
macrumors 6502

That's an interesting case. Are you sure that the computer/firewall isn't blocking the outgoing chat port?
Old Jun 26, 2009, 01:40 PM   #3
phaedo5
macrumors newbie

It is interesting, to say the least.

I don't believe the firewall would be blocking it. He's completely able to respond when IM'ed. He just can't initiate anything himself.
phaedo5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking