Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crzy4ifone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
For those who have not gotten their phone yet, i just spoke with the nicest rep at Apple and they just put up the availability tool today at

http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/

Now you can see which stores have them. He said if it is green, then they have 10 or more in stock.

Hope this helps for some. :)

P.S. If it is red,he said it does not mean that they do not have. It just means it is limited. You need to call to see how many they have.

crzy4ifone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
My store is red on all of them >_<

2 of my stores are red also but I called them and one had black and no white and the other had about 8 of both. Make sure to call. Red just means it is limited but they may still have some.

Blue Fox

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
There's only 1 Apple Store in New Mexico, lol.......in Albuquerque (a short 300-mile commute for me). But they're all green! :D

iObama

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
Santa Rosa, CA's in stock! Hopefully it will be that way Tuesday @ 5, when I'm getting mine! Still have to decide between 32GB black or white. Hopefully they have them both there so I can see them first-hand. I have to say, I'm borrowing my mom's 3G since I sold my 2G, and I really like the black.

I'm torn. :eek:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
DAMNIT! I am about to drop dough on getting the iPod integration kit installed ... now I see there is stock and damnit!

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
Finally! A year ago when I bought my 3G, I was able to check stock online. This time, I had to call the stores and ask "do you have it in stock." Also, even a year ago, with the system only being updated overnight, a lot of people were waiting in line and then finding out they were sold out. I am glad to see that Apple has finally realized that they were putting their customers under significant inconvenience and they are tired of people complaining and finally decided to allow customers (who want to buy their products) to see [almost] real-time inventory levels so that they can go to an Apple store and actually buy a phone.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
This has been available since last weekend on the UK site. I'm surprised they're just adding it to the US site

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
I'm surprised that they have so much stock. The iPhone 3G was so hard to get last year. I guess that means that not as many 3G owners are going to pay extra to upgrade or Apple was better prepared this year.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Huh, found this earlier on this evening. Unfortunately EVERY bloody store in the UK has sold out of the 16GB White PAYG model, as has O2 retail stores and O2 online store.......... I will be in the vacinity of an Apple retail store until the end of Monday, chances I think of getting an iPhone? ZERO! In fact I think Apple has widely underestimated the stock they needed at launch for this one! :mad::mad::mad:

mathcolo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2008
Boston
In my mind I'm questioning the true need for this tool, don't they overnight iPhones to most Apple Stores already?

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
I'm surprised that they have so much stock. The iPhone 3G was so hard to get last year. I guess that means that not as many 3G owners are going to pay extra to upgrade or Apple was better prepared this year.

Considering they sold one million opening weekend (more than the 3G opening weekend), I would say they were better prepared this time, and also a lot of people are ordering online. I still see people posting on MacRumors today that say they ordered it online yesterday or today.

Oh now I remember. My Apple store has all reds because it's closed for two weeks for renovation. Oh what will I do?

order online. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.