Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hr10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I got the uMBP 13" and loving it so far. Much better screen than the previous unibody Macbook I had.

Just wondering do you guys always shut down your computer or just put it to sleep instead?

Thanks!

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
I got the uMBP 13" and loving it so far. Much better screen than the previous unibody Macbook I had.

Just wondering do you guys always shut down your computer or just put it to sleep instead?

Thanks!

Besides restarting due to software update, I very rarely shut down the laptop cause in most cases it's just a waste of power. An exception would be if you have an SSD installed.

RedWings

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
When you close the lid, does it go into 'sleep'? If so that is what I normally do.

rkrskr

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2008
Putting my MBP 13 to sleep works great. I only shut it down if I would not be using it for extended periods.

PolySciSurfer

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
California
I have been wondering as well. Should I shut down or sleep my macbook pro. The only thing that makes me hesitate to sleep the computer, is users reporting that the computer wakes in a bag and becomes extremely hot. I don't want that to happen. :(

feedmeister

macrumors member
I have been wondering as well. Should I shut down or sleep my macbook pro. The only thing that makes me hesitate to sleep the computer, is users reporting that the computer wakes in a bag and becomes extremely hot. I don't want that to happen. :(

If you disable "wake computer with bluetooth devices" you shouldn't have any problems with that. It's better to use sleep if you'll be using your computer within a short time frame.

Feed out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.