Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nocturnal22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
I got a new MBP 13" and did a time machine restore on it and everything is working fantastic but when i try to go into the Screensaver Preference it locks up and I get the Pinwheel I can click on an Screensaver i want but nothing happens it just keeps pinwheelin' and after a couple minutes it finally picks it its annoying and i dont know why its doing it does anyone have any insight?:confused:

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
I got a new MBP 13" and did a time machine restore on it and everything is working fantastic but when i try to go into the Screensaver Preference it locks up and I get the Pinwheel I can click on an Screensaver i want but nothing happens it just keeps pinwheelin' and after a couple minutes it finally picks it its annoying and i dont know why its doing it does anyone have any insight?:confused:

I'm sorry, i don't have an idea, I only can tell that afer 7 migrations from laptop to laptop, I did a fresh new install of everything and every tidbit and it worked like a charm, it was blazing fast :)
How many migrations/time machine restores have you done?

Nocturnal22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
done a couple but they were to the same laptop just a bigger HD but i sold my Old Unimacbook and Got the 13 MBP thats when i got this little problem...

Jollins

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2006
I know this is a bit of a late reply, but I just stubled upon the same issue. I found the solution at the Apple support forums.

Install the iLife '09 9.0.3 support file here, and that should fix it. Worked for me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.