Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DT2004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Hi guys, newbie here!

Well, i have 2 questions:

1) How can i add a new song from itunes to an existing artist's folder on ipod classic? do i have to do something with the playlist?

2) how i can have all the albums from a specific artist in one single folder on ipod? i mean, i create a playlist on itunes with an artist with all his collaborations with other artists, but after the tranfer on ipod it shows up in several different folders

Can you help?

Thanks!!

iknowyourider

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2008
onanorthboundtrain
That's basicly what the playlist is for, so you can group songs the way you want to for playback. So if you get a new song and you want it in a certain playlist, you have to add it yourself.

As far as managing your artists and their collaborations; I have had this problem too. You can change the artist name to fit your search / file criteria. That will at least organize your artists. You will always have to manually manage your playlists though.

Hope this helps.

DT2004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
thanks my friend!!!

i'm new to ipod and it's hard to manage some issues...

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Yes, of course you can, although you may have to do it manually by creating a playlist into which you put all of the songs from a particular artist if the iPod does not recognise all of the songs as coming from that artist (which may happen if the particular song features on a compilation album, for example, and so may be listed differently). That's what playlists are for, as iknowyourider has pointed out.

Cheers and good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.