Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Logo do you Like Best?

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 8 42.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 5/6

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

ktbubster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
US
Hey all. I'm working on a logo for a small start up business consulting firm. They are focusing on optimization of small businesses as well as product consulting in engineering, networking, security, etc. Mostly technical aspects just to help businesses run better (yes.. I guess this is the idea behind most business consultancies)

Anyway... The name is Stewart Solutions Group.

I am just looking for constructive comments, and suggestions on how to fine tune this design, and which ones you like best. Any suggestions welcome :)

web.jpg

web.png

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
Not bad. Not bad at all. Which means that I'm going to have to get really nitpicky here...

My personal preference is to tell you to stay away from gradients, but in this case, they work. Just make sure you have a version that works as solid black, too. But I'm guessing you already know that.

The only other suggestions I have are to play with the contrast of the blues a little bit - help the "SS" stand out a bit more. Secondly, you should consider emphasizing the curves of the "S"s a little bit to make them slightly more "S" like. Not much. Just a subtle tweak. It took me a moment for them to register as the letter "S."

My favorite is #3. I also like the last one.

Nice work.

Edit: I like the one on your website with the white outlines, as well.

ktbubster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
US
Thanks for the suggestions. I will play with the curves a bit tonight. I was thinking that myself too earlier, but never put it into the design.

As for the blues, yes, I have had some trouble with that being as my good monitor is not being cooperative now, but will be working with print and the colors a bit more now.

Thanks!

Any more suggestions on which ones you like the best would be welcome.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
I know you're asking for a critique of the bug, but I'm very curious as to the direction where you're taking the corresponding typography. Care to post any of those concepts?

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
My first impression was my cellphone bill, so I guess I'm not alone with that AT&T thing. That led me to pick the second without the gradient. Given that you're incorporating the company initials into the logo increases the importance of typography. I would like to see that, also. I like the "S" but it needs to lean forward. Then it will be more "S" like. Kind of looks like it is hanging on as is.

I do like the idea. Because I like one that isn't here, I guess I vote for #2.5...

Dale

likeavaliant

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2006
After coming back to this, I like the second logo more, but i think the weight of the "S S" should be heavier. Think hard about your type. In general, I'm not too fond of any of the logos, but the second one may be on to something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.