Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greeneo101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2004
Hey, updated to 10.3.4 and now when I try to launch World Book it'll bounce in the dock for a moment and then disappear. Error message pops up, "The Application World Book has unexpectedly quit" submit an error report etc.

I repaired permissions and that didn't work, I deleted the preferences and that didn't work, so I went and removed the whole thing and reinstalled it and it still won't launch.

Ideas?

lenb

macrumors member
May 11, 2004
Leicester, UK
Mines done the same

Having read your post and upgrade to 10.3.4 myself I decided to try World book as well ............... and lo and behold it failed. I've sent the bug report.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
10.3.4 killed World Book

and thanks to you I tried it, too, with the same results. Also had repaired permissions after the update. Sent a report to Apple.

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
MacFixIt says this about the problem (source):

WorldBook 2003 not launching Josh Camp writes "I just updated to 10.3.4 and World Book 2003 will no longer launch, neither will World Book Atlas. I reinstalled World Book but nothing changed." [Note that there is a Panther update for WorldBook that should be installed by any Mac OS X 10.3.x users]

I'm still using 10.3.3 so can't test this, but does the update mentioned fix the problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.