Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jun 29, 2009, 03:33 AM   #1
randyc
macrumors member

Where I've been app?

I was wondering if there's an app where you can like put marks on a map for places that you've been, maybe even have it show a picture you saved for that place. Kinda to like have a history of where I've been.

If anybody knows of one lemme know!
randyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 03:17 PM   #2
infowarfare
macrumors 6502

Location: Reykjavik, Iceland / Stockholm, Sweden/ Los Angeles, CA/ New York, NY
http://www.instamapper.com/
Old Jun 30, 2009, 03:31 PM   #3
ksmith80209
macrumors 6502a

I use one called "Trails" for when I mountain bike or hike. It does exactly what you asked about - maps your trip & allows you to annotate it with photos. Plus, you can upload the trip to google earth.
ksmith80209 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:47 PM   #4
frolo
macrumors newbie

Maybe Brightkite?
frolo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:44 PM   #5
pooryou
macrumors 65816

MotionX GPS Lite
pooryou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:48 PM   #6
Randman
macrumors 65816

All of those assume you have your iPhone with you. There's nothing for earlier trips. I've looked since the App Store was opened.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:54 PM   #7
ksmith80209
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randman View Post
All of those assume you have your iPhone with you. There's nothing for earlier trips. I've looked since the App Store was opened.
You want an iPhone app that tracks your trip - when you don't have the iPhone with you? I must be missing something...
ksmith80209 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:58 PM   #8
Randman
macrumors 65816

I've been to 34 states and 24 countries. 95% of those have been pre-iPhone. It would be nice to have an app that shows a globe (like Google Earth but can be simpler). Drop a push pin of one color of places you've visited (and can add notes and photos), drop a different color pin for your significant other and another for places you want to visit.

That's what I've been looking for.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 03:50 AM   #9
pooryou
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I've been to 34 states and 24 countries. 95% of those have been pre-iPhone. It would be nice to have an app that shows a globe (like Google Earth but can be simpler). Drop a push pin of one color of places you've visited (and can add notes and photos), drop a different color pin for your significant other and another for places you want to visit.

I'm pretty sure you can do at least some of that with the built-in Maps app as well as MotionX GPS.
pooryou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 04:29 PM   #10
Undecided
macrumors 6502a

The built in photos app does this now.

What I want though is something like the Facebook "where i've been app" to mark countries where you've been, where you want to go to, and where you don't have any interest in ever going. Something like that, without involving Facebook.
Undecided is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:12 AM   #11
tekboi
macrumors 6502a

There are also a few social apps for people who travel that will let you set up events for places traveled... can't think of the name of them on hand though :-(
tekboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2013, 01:12 PM   #12
maxman69
macrumors newbie

I just found out that an app I've had for 2 years does something like what you want. Datamonitor app has a feature that maps all the cell towers you've used in the last 2, 14, 30, or 60 days. You have to zoom way out cuz it opens on your current location and you think it's not working. Middle button bottom toolbar app home screen.
maxman69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2014, 07:06 PM   #13
concretewater
macrumors newbie

Quote:

I have been looking for EXACTLY the same thing. Have you found anything yet? I think I've got a couple options.

The first (and so far, best) is The Travelist (published by Arriving in High Heels). The link is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-travelist/id846983349?mt=8 I love this one, because it seems to be very similar to Facebook's Where I've Been. Whole countries are highlighted when you added them to "I've been" or "I want to go." Perfect. And the app is free.

Another option is National Geographic's World Atlas. I downloaded this one a few years ago (and just redownloaded it) so I'm not a hundred percent sure what the price is since I bought it a while back (and on my phone, it doesn't show the price- since I've already bought it, it just says "Open.") anyways the maps are very high quality, and you can drop pins on locations, and the pins can be color coded. They already have Places I've Been and Places I Want to Visit. The rest of the pins are just labeled by the names of the colors, so I'm assuming you can edit the labels, although I haven't tried it yet.

I hope you find this helpful! And if you've found any other app that satisfied you, please let me know! I'd love to check it out.

Cheers.
concretewater is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2014, 01:13 AM   #14
braddick
macrumors 68040

Fog of World is what you're looking for.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:43 AM   #15
qqQpp
macrumors newbie

If you want to mark only the countries you visited (manually or via GPS) and like a minimalistic interface, you could try Map Explorer.
qqQpp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps