Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Anyones text audio sound incredibly bad? I have to turn my volume down to 50% because it sounds like its doing damage... Tried a restore and its the same.

Anyone?

JohnFa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
What is this text audio sound of which you speak? Must be something I've missed... you mean it reads out your messages?

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Mine too, it's just ridiculously loud. Much louder than my 3G.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Anyones text audio sound incredibly bad? I have to turn my volume down to 50% because it sounds like its doing damage... Tried a restore and its the same.

Anyone?

Yes, mine is doing the exact same thing. Sounds like it is going to blow the speaker out, very crackly and such. My 3G certainly doesn't do this.

rjackman

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
Yep same here !, I have turned the volume down and it still does it, I thought it might be the speaker had blown but it sounds fine with any other audio.
Guess it's a bug that hopefully Apple will fix.

JohnFa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Could someone please answer my question so I know what you're talking about? What is text audio sound?

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Macrumors - the place to come for helpful, friendly advice.

Macrumors - the place to make posts that clearly indicate you didn't read any of the thread. This thread has explained everything. The title is Tri Tone SMS sound garbled. The OP said Text audio sound. If you can't figure out what they are talking about based on SMS sound, text audio sound, you are doing something wrong. There is no other way to explain what an SMS Text sound is.... because that is EXACTLY what it is.

JohnFa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
For the love of god thats exactly what it is, the sound you hear when you get a new SMS (text) message..... dur.

Hehe, well thanks. I guess I didn't understand what the OP meant. Had he just written "text notification sound" I would've understood.

JohnFa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Macrumors - the place to make posts that clearly indicate you didn't read any of the thread. This thread has explained everything. The title is Tri Tone SMS sound garbled. The OP said Text audio sound. If you can't figure out what they are talking about based on SMS sound, text audio sound, you are doing something wrong. There is no other way to explain what an SMS Text sound is.... because that is EXACTLY what it is.

Well, in my defense, I read the thread title, but in his post he uses "text audio sound". No wonder it's confusing. Once you're in a thread you read the post, if it's longer than the thread the title.

Now that I've understood the question; no, mine isn't garbled on my 3G.

auburnfan24

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
same here...it sounds like its going to blow the speaker, i had to change tones....even though i HATE them all :mad: we need editable ringtones!!!! PLEASE APPLE!

ScottBGKY

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2007
What color iPhones do you all have with this problem? Everyone I've seen with the issue has a white one. I have a white one and I have the same issue.

Switz213

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
Black 32. It's way garbled. And MLB TV Live is the most garbled thing I have ever heard. It's unlistenable. I guess you have to wait until tomorrow for you guys to check it out.

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
My text sound (32 GB Black 3G S) almost seems like it's going to break the speaker as well.
I thought it was just me.

All of the rest of the audio sounds fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.