Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lynnese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2004
I am having a problem with incoming mail from my sister, who uses a Mac.
She uses OS X and Jaguar, I believe.
At any rate, she sends in high text and I get it as plain text, but when I reply it is in high text... can anyone suggest what the deal is here???
She has switched to Entourage and it is working just fine, receiving high text..
What could be the problem with the other ????

Thanks

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
How about if everyone just sends email in plain text. Maybe I've just been on the net too long (I do still consider Pine to be the best email client ever) but things seemed a lot simpler when everything was plain text.

To answer your question though-- it sounds like you have your email set to view as plain text and send as html. It's a simple configuration issue and has nothing to do with the email going from a Mac to PC.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Lynnese said:
At any rate, she sends in high text and I get it as plain text, but when I reply it is in high text... can anyone suggest what the deal is here???
She has switched to Entourage and it is working just fine, receiving high text..

Thanks
High text??? Do you mean rich text? Perhaps your mail client doesn't support rich text, or you have your client set to format incoming email as plain text. If it's the second one, there's probably a setting for this in the application's preferences. I'm not fully understanding you here. Why would your sister having switched to Entourage make a difference in how you receive your email?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Lynnese said:

Thanks
Consider yourself a good Internet citizen. A lot of my PC-using colleagues, friends, and family have fallen in love with IncrediMail. Gee, your email has a pretty animated background with GIF files gobbling up my hard disk space while corresponding no information. Thank you! On an even more serious note, HTML mail is a security risk and is to be discouraged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.