Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Tronic
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
The Official iOS 3 & 4 LockInfo Thread

*Update 5/8/10*
With the release of iOS 4, this thread has now been re-titled to reflect new responses regarding both OS's.


Just a heads up for those of you who use the free alternative to Intelliscreen, LockInfo has been updated to work with 3.0. However some people are experiencing springboard crashes upon updating. To get the update, add http://david.ashman.com/beta/ to your Cydia sources and install "Lockscreen Info". If your SB crashes and you would like to help the author in trouble shooting the problem, please refer to page 49 of the following official LockInfo thead at MacThemes.

http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopi...=16794311&p=49

Here is also a thread detailing just the theme and how to configure your preferences for Winterboard.
http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopi...d=16794833&p=1


Updated 7-10-09
Sorry for not keeping up with this thread, I posted it in passing, never thinking it would get so many responses.

Lockinfo 1.0.61 should be working now for everyone. The only problem I know of is that under the mail settings it displays two Gmail accounts if you have one. To get it to show up in Cydia, add http://david.ashman.com/beta/ to your sources. Additionally, add http://david.ashman.com/apt/ if you would like to hide the default lock screen clock and grey bar. Most lockinfo themes display info where the clock is normally so you should hide it. The image below is from the author, not me, so I cannot answer questions about why its a certain size to time/date. I just copied it from his thread over at Macthemes.com.

I have tested most of the Lockinfo themes and I prefer the Gruppled theme, which is displayed in the image below. The config.js file has a plethora of comments which allows for easy modification even for those of us that have no idea what a config.js file is. Following, is a link to Macthemes that describes the theme and how to customize it. http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopi...d=16794932&p=1

To install the theme, you must SSH into your phone and add/configure the files that you will download from the thread. Again, the config.js file has detailed comments telling you how to configure this theme to display exactly what you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29fdv9j.png
Views:	17747
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	179957  

Last edited by Tronic; Aug 5, 2010 at 06:09 PM.
Tronic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 02:08 AM   #2
marbo
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I cant get that workin. All the time springboard crashes.
marbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 02:12 AM   #3
The General
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Uhh, how is the screenshot 320x564?
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 02:33 AM   #4
superxero3
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Send a message via AIM to superxero3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Uhh, how is the screenshot 320x564?
noticed the same thing....

also, i like 9:42
__________________
Nexus One
32g iPad (sold)
Black 32g iphone 3G[S] (trying to sell)
2.4Ghz aluminum MacBook
superxero3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 03:37 AM   #5
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Yep, still needs more work. Crashes springboard every time.
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 04:17 AM   #6
Cupra
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
made me late for work lol i spent ages fiddling and removing things to try getting this to work but no joy... hence why its still BETA!

hope its sorted soon
Cupra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:36 PM   #7
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Actually, the older version was working OK for me on 3G with 3.0.

Update wiped out option to get older version.

Guess I will wait for author to work out bugs !
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:35 PM   #8
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
LockScreen Info has been updated to 10.5.8 and it no longer crashes !

Have it running with no problems !
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 03:17 AM   #9
thefunkymunky
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: London Baby!
How do I configure LockInfo? I've have it installed but what now?
thefunkymunky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 07:54 AM   #10
poorboy8u
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
yeah I tried to drop it into the theme folder like the site said after setting it up and nothing happend. even rebooted twice.
poorboy8u is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 02:18 PM   #11
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Must be installed thru Cydia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronic View Post
To get the update, add http://david.ashman.com/beta/ to your Cydia sources and install "Lockscreen Info".
Right in original post.

Then you reboot and it will appear in Settings.
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 07:37 PM   #12
poorboy8u
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Yeah still didn't work. Maybe later.
poorboy8u is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 07:48 PM   #13
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboy8u View Post
Yeah still didn't work. Maybe later.
Are you saying you added the david.ashman source, installed LockScreen Info and it still doesn't work ??

You know, to get the info to appear on your lockscreen, you need Animated Lock Info Theme and LockInfo Matte UI theme also.
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 08:33 PM   #14
Dsr1205
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
how do you get the weather to appear?
Dsr1205 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 09:20 PM   #15
poorboy8u
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
Are you saying you added the david.ashman source, installed LockScreen Info and it still doesn't work ??

You know, to get the info to appear on your lockscreen, you need Animated Lock Info Theme and LockInfo Matte UI theme also.
actually didn't know that. I'll give that a shot. I just jailbroke for the first time three days ago.
poorboy8u is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 03:07 AM   #16
Mystikal
macrumors 68020
 
Mystikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Irvine, CA
Send a message via AIM to Mystikal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
Are you saying you added the david.ashman source, installed LockScreen Info and it still doesn't work ??

You know, to get the info to appear on your lockscreen, you need Animated Lock Info Theme and LockInfo Matte UI theme also.
Are those files in the ashman source? I dont see them.
Mystikal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 08:32 AM   #17
rperalta
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hercules, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Are those files in the ashman source? I dont see them.
Everything you need will install (including Winterboard, etc.). Just run LockInfo.
rperalta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 09:27 AM   #18
thestaton
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
If you can spring for it, intelliscreen is working great in 3.0 right now.
thestaton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 09:47 AM   #19
iPunish901
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
Are you saying you added the david.ashman source, installed LockScreen Info and it still doesn't work ??

You know, to get the info to appear on your lockscreen, you need Animated Lock Info Theme and LockInfo Matte UI theme also.
how do you add a source?!
iPunish901 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 09:51 AM   #20
UngratefulNinja
macrumors 68000
 
UngratefulNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaton View Post
If you can spring for it, intelliscreen is working great in 3.0 right now.

Same. It's $9.99. I've had it for 10 days now and had no crashing or any other issues.
UngratefulNinja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 02:16 PM   #21
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
Everything you need will install (including Winterboard, etc.). Just run LockInfo.
Are you sure ? I had to SSH the other 2 mods to my phone, then go into Winterboard to activate.
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 02:26 PM   #22
Vegastouch
macrumors 601
 
Vegastouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronic View Post
Just a heads up for those of you who use the free alternative to Intelliscreen, LockInfo has been updated to work with 3.0. However some people are experiencing springboard crashes upon updating. To get the update, add http://david.ashman.com/beta/ to your Cydia sources and install "Lockscreen Info". If your SB crashes and you would like to help the author in trouble shooting the problem, please refer to page 49 of the following official LockInfo thead at MacThemes.

http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopi...=16794311&p=49

Here is also a thread detailing just the theme and how to configure your preferences for Winterboard.
http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopi...d=16794833&p=1
Its only a beta, no wonder it isnt working right. Think ill wait for the done version, but thanks for the link to his stuff.
Vegastouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 02:51 PM   #23
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Don't think it's beta

New update again in Cydia. 10.6.0

Working fine for me since 10.5.8 version
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 03:45 PM   #24
jcde7ago
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA (SFSU)
Working fine for me.



If you can't get LockScreen Info + a LockScreen Info theme to work, you're most likely doing something wrong. The relevant links have already been posted here so I won't go into how to get everything set-up correctly...but it all works.

BTW, Intelliscreen might work great, but believe me when I say that it uses a tremendous amount of memory as well as draining your battery faster. If you use LockScreen Info + a relevant theme, you can configure pretty much everything, including how often to poll for things like email, rss feeds and whatnot. The memory footprint is also negligible. Intelliscreen caused me troubles in the past, and since I stopped using it, i've never had any reason to go back.

Why pay for something when there are other free options out there that don't consume memory + battery life + have more customizable features? Not to mention, because LSI + themes are all HTML/JS based, new features can be added in the future extremely easily.

Last edited by jcde7ago; Jul 2, 2009 at 03:57 PM.
jcde7ago is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 05:06 PM   #25
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
Working fine for me.



If you can't get LockScreen Info + a LockScreen Info theme to work, you're most likely doing something wrong. The relevant links have already been posted here so I won't go into how to get everything set-up correctly...but it all works.

BTW, Intelliscreen might work great, but believe me when I say that it uses a tremendous amount of memory as well as draining your battery faster. If you use LockScreen Info + a relevant theme, you can configure pretty much everything, including how often to poll for things like email, rss feeds and whatnot. The memory footprint is also negligible. Intelliscreen caused me troubles in the past, and since I stopped using it, i've never had any reason to go back.

Why pay for something when there are other free options out there that don't consume memory + battery life + have more customizable features? Not to mention, because LSI + themes are all HTML/JS based, new features can be added in the future extremely easily.
Hey Jcde7ago,

Which theme is this you are using with LockScreen Info ? Can you point me to it ?

The theme I am using does not have the double bar at top (2nd bar with time & date just below status bar) and since I am not they much of a tech guy, I have had not luck with importing the double bar into my theme.
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: Help with Lockinfo 5 AndrewR23 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 18 Jul 30, 2013 07:43 AM
Ready to buy, card at the ready... monkeycid Buying Tips and Advice 2 Dec 31, 2012 02:26 PM
Why use lockinfo? P51 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 Jul 15, 2012 02:46 PM
Lockinfo? P51 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 9 Jul 10, 2012 10:30 AM
Lockinfo Help Manzanas Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 7 Jun 3, 2012 06:41 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC