Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Saw this on Cydia today. Not much info other than screen shots. Anyone tried it? How does it compares MobileMe "find my phone"?

poolish

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
south coast, uk
hey, you can try it out for free for 15 days, ive just installed it and been playing with it, as i dont have mobileme, this seems like a way cheaper option..
tried out the gps location thing, and it works pretty well, shows you on a google map and stuff. you can also do remote wipe, pop up a message etc.
one cool thing is when you change your phone's status to lost, it can lock so the thief cant unlock it.. and also disable the power off button, so you have more chance of the phone being on and being able to track it and pop up messages.
the backup function wasnt working that well as far as i can tell though. it can backup to cylay servers and google docs, but couldnt see the backup zip on the cylay site, and only the calenders got synced to google calender.

some of the other settings im not sure about as the wording is a bit weird in some cases!..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.