Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Guys, I have an interesting situation here...sometimes I visit a famous Brazilian news site (http://www.uol.com.br), but recently it started failing to load on Safari 4, even though all is fine when I erase preferences and start again...then it loads OK a couple of times or more, and fails loading again.

On Firefox this doesn't happen, so it's not a system-wide problem...what gives? Any ideas? Why the fix only after erasing preferences?

p.s.: may I add that this ONLY happens with the site above, and no other.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I'm stuck on my Windows machine right now but I can't seem to reproduce it under Safari on Windows.

I've found that there are some pages that just won't render in Safari after the first few times. I'd take a look at the Activity window and see if there are any errors. Firefox and Stainless won't skip a beat though on the same page.

I doubt it has anything to do with cookies.

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I'm stuck on my Windows machine right now but I can't seem to reproduce it under Safari on Windows.

I've found that there are some pages that just won't render in Safari after the first few times. I'd take a look at the Activity window and see if there are any errors. Firefox and Stainless won't skip a beat though on the same page.

I doubt it has anything to do with cookies.

Right now it's working, so I have no idea what happens...and since it does not load, Activity won't show anything useful.

Some plugins or adblockers perhaps? I've erased GlimmerBlocker and a few others, and it seems to work ok now...but I continue to wonder about the REASONS for this...a website that messes with preferences? Never heard of it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.