Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mciarlo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
New York City
I have been waiting for this application since it was announced, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Has anyone heard any news on this? It looks much simpler and to the point than Beejive. Once it's released it will likely become a top ten app.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Meebo has been really silent on the app. I have a feeling there's some internal
dev issues. Maybe someone left the company or they outsourced it and are having issues. Who knows. It looked pretty polished when the previewed it so it'd kinda weird.

Oh well :(

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Aside from that, there are so many IM/chat clients in the appstore will meebo really make that much of a difference now?

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
In your opinion, what makes this app better than beejive?

(Other than the recent stability issues... looking at just the app itself...)

navajarunner

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2009
I hope it is similar to the web app. I really like the presentation, but of course the things missing are staying logged on and push. Hopefully the app will answer to these anticipated features.

esaleris

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
Meebo has always provided great functionality without over-featuring the application. This is apparent in their web application, which I'm a huge fan of.

I look at Beehive's screenshots and cringe at the UI. While others might like those features, I'd prefer to keep it simple when it comes to applications that I use on my iPhone.

That said, there may be excellent apps I'm not aware of that fit that criteria...

mciarlo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
New York City
Meebo has always provided great functionality without over-featuring the application. This is apparent in their web application, which I'm a huge fan of.

I look at Beehive's screenshots and cringe at the UI. While others might like those features, I'd prefer to keep it simple when it comes to applications that I use on my iPhone.

That said, there may be excellent apps I'm not aware of that fit that criteria...

Exactly why I will wait for Meebo. I cringe at Beejive's UI.

arrow201

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2008
Maybe meebo has to rethink how to make their app more successful
since eBuddy is doing quite well :p

lacker

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2009
eBuddy is a nice im , simple and easy to use. I'm a user of beejive and i love it but then it somehow feels a little sluggish. Been waiting for meebo and see how they do in this section. Still looking for my perfect IM client.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
eBuddy is a nice im , simple and easy to use. I'm a user of beejive and i love it but then it somehow feels a little sluggish. Been waiting for meebo and see how they do in this section. Still looking for my perfect IM client.

i agree if meebo is free or under 5 bucks it will be a day one purchased i gave up on beejive last night and bought aim pro i havent had one issue with it yet the only thing i would love is copy past but other than that this app works flawlessley

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.