Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkramb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Last Tango in Paris or Out of Africa? They are not on getvideoartwork.com.

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Last Tango in Paris or Out of Africa? They are not on getvideoartwork.com.

Have you tried requesting them on the getvideoartwork.com forum, the people over there are usually happy to make artwork for people that request it. I`ve requested a few in the past and somebodys always been kind enough to make it for me.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
You know you can just use google or yahoo and search for: "movie name" movie poster, then click "images" and usually get a selection of many movie posters. I use to try to find such stuff on the dedicated sites, but find that this works better (more matches) for just about anything for which I'm searching.

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
You know you can just use google or yahoo and search for: "movie name" movie poster, then click "images" and usually get a selection of many movie posters. I use to try to find such stuff on the dedicated sites, but find that this works better (more matches) for just about anything for which I'm searching.

People, myself included, like artwork from sites like getvideoartwork.com because the images are nice and clean with no credits or other rubbish plastered all over them. I agree you`ll get more matches with a google/yahoo search but most of them are lowres poorly scanned junk.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
People, myself included, like artwork from sites like getvideoartwork.com because the images are nice and clean with no credits or other rubbish plastered all over them. I agree you`ll get more matches with a google/yahoo search but most of them are lowres poorly scanned junk.

I haven't found that to be the case. Sure, some sites will stamp their logo on them, and some are low resolution, but you can see the latter with the width & height numbers in a google search (just click the big ones). My gut feel is that 90% of the time, I can get a fine quality version by clicking one of the images.

But I also agree that if you can find them on the dedicated sites, odds will be better that you get high quality and no "rubbish".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.