Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
Looking for software that can convert batches of audio files (AIFF, AAC) to MP3 files.

Don't want anything library based like iTunes

Looking for something free.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Max might be able to do that. I've generally only needed it to rip from CD, but I think it can work from other sources as well. You might also be able to use XLD, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It can be run from the command line though, which may lend to the batches you want to do.

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
Max might be able to do that. I've generally only needed it to rip from CD, but I think it can work from other sources as well. You might also be able to use XLD, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It can be run from the command line though, which may lend to the batches you want to do.

Thanks, Max is working well.

Half an hour of Googling and I couldn't find it :rolleyes:

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Max on the web:
http://sbooth.org/Max/
Max works great for converting flacs to mp3s, haven't used it for much else. It is very CPU intensive, working both cores on my G5 2.0GHz late 2005 model almost to the full, but also very fast and you can configure it to your liking. A fine piece of software, and it's free!
:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.