Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
I'm on my PM Quad with a quadro 512mb video card... 14 gigs of ram!

And FLASH KEEPS KILLING MY ONLINE VIDEO PLAYBACKS.

What is going on here?

Flash is just killing things. I think I upgraded to 10 flash and then back down to 9... it is ridiculous.

ANY IDEAS anyone? Help.

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
This might be a long shot but I notice that when I disable my HP all in one printer that loves to show up even when I am not printing anything and suck CPU, Flash works better.

What is that HP printer software doing I wonder? I have to remember to shut it down all the time.

Dr.Pants

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
My quad handles flash "well"; there is noticbly increased processing when playing flash or having it loaded on a webpage. Yes, OSX sucks for flash, and most likely is Adobe's fault.

However, clear out Console and see if anything new crops up when your flash playback gets killed; that will give an adaquate description to the problem, hopefully.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
This might be a long shot but I notice that when I disable my HP all in one printer that loves to show up even when I am not printing anything and suck CPU, Flash works better.

What is that HP printer software doing I wonder? I have to remember to shut it down all the time.
HP printer services have been knowing to run awry and eat CPU time.

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
What browser are you using? Flash plays fine on my 1.5GHz Powerbook G4, so those who think its time for a new computer are crazy.

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
Hi, I'm using Safari on my Quad...

Hrududu I used to have your 1.5ghz 12" Powerbook and i miss it.

Say, do you need that Bookendz plug organizer that Bookendz made for the 12" Powerbook?

I just came across mine. Let me know and I think it is the HP thing that is shutting down Flash.

Now that you mention it, you are right, my 12" Powerbook same as yours with 64mb vram played video fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.