WSJ Asks iPhone App Users If They Would Pay - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:09 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

WSJ Asks iPhone App Users If They Would Pay

Category: Apple Software
Link: WSJ Asks iPhone App Users If They Would Pay
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:12 AM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

I would pay for it.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:36 AM   #3
joro
macrumors 68020

It’s no surprise to me they are thinking about charging; the WSJ is one of the few online newspapers now that charge for a majority of their content. While I do like the WSJ, I find myself subscribing to magazines like Business Week and the Economist which I find to be more valuable in my everyday life.
joro is offline   0
Old Jul 1, 2009, 11:06 AM   #4
WiseWeasel
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to WiseWeasel
No

WSJ has turned into a rag lately. I'd pay for the Economist, but definitely not WSJ. A paywall would be the end of their relevance to me.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 01:05 PM   #5
Kilamite
macrumors G3

The BBC's news website is my source for news. I could buy a newspaper/view one online, but I'd rather sit back, see what the headlines are and check out the 'most read' column.

Of course, there's things that a newspaper has that the BBC's website doesn't (depending if it is a red-top newspaper).

Also, the Footy section gives me the latest and most up-to-date source of possible transfers and gossip, as well as some blogs which I'd take any day over reading the sport section of a newspaper.

Oh, best of all, it's free.
Kilamite is offline   0
Old Jul 1, 2009, 08:38 PM   #6
montex
macrumors regular

I wouldn't pay a penny for anything that Rupert Murdoch has his put grubby fingers into. WSJ or not, that man can't resist putting an extreme right-wing spin on everything he touches. The man is a menace to society and can't "find his way home" soon enough.

There are plenty of other places to get news that weren't cheerleaders for crimes of the Bush Administration.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 09:51 PM   #7
LizKat
macrumors 68020

The Economist is priceless. And very often very funny (cf this week's cover).

The WSJ ain't what it used to be. But hey, neither are the markets.
LizKat is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion