Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
So today my mother called me downstairs to help her with something on our new iMac. I set an away message on my Mac. When I go downstairs, I notice on her buddy list that there is the green circle next to my screen name and the message: "Away." I log on to another screen name in Windows to find that it also says I'm not away, but it displays the message: "Away." It appears that my friend is having the same problem too with his new MacBook Pro. Is anybody else having this problem?

UPDATE: This is NOT fixed in iChat 5.0 in Snow Leopard.

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Add me to the list...

Jeez... Why do you have to show me the problem!?! I thought iChat was problem-free!!!

loonie313

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2009
same

im having the same problem with other issues... i had to change my port to 430 just to get on ichat and now i lost all other functions such a video and what not... this is coming from a brand new macbook pro i just bought. i also tried adium and that wont let me sign on ethier anyone got ideas

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Is there a way to bug report??? If anything, I'd like Apple to fix this with Snow Leopard, at least....

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
At first I thought I was the only Mac user with this problem. Now I've noticed ALL Mac users on my buddy list have this problem.

philitup23

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Maybe it has to do with the fact that iphone pushes i-ms to your phone?
Does everyone have an iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.