Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:00 PM   #1
braddick
macrumors 68030

"Reset All Settings" What does this really do?

Ok, here's the deal. Every now and then I'll find my apps sort of in a misc. array that I find unattractive. I'm a bit OCD that way.

I would go to settings and under 'general' and 'settings' tap the 'reset all settings'. This doesn't loose any data but does reset the phone to a stock mode and place the apps in alphabetical order (new- as the other models of iPhone didn't do that).

I then have to go back and reset other settings (such as the brightness as I like it turned just about all the way up). I also set the lock to 'never'.

Can this procedure be done too much? Is there any behind the scenes activities going on within the phone that will get messed up if I apply this feature again and again?
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Etnies419
macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if it will mess your phone up, but why not just do "Reset Home Screen Layout?" That will do what you want, without having to reset everything else.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:45 PM   #3
braddick
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etnies419 View Post
I'm not sure if it will mess your phone up, but why not just do "Reset Home Screen Layout?" That will do what you want, without having to reset everything else.
I just looked again, and honestly, don't know how I missed that before.

Thanks.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:41 AM   #4
busybee
macrumors newbie

I know this is a very old thread but can anyone tell me if "Reset All Settings" from Settings - General - Reset will erase the sms messages? Also, how long will it take?

Thanks.
busybee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:35 AM   #5
oakie
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to oakie Send a message via Skype™ to oakie
Quote:
Originally Posted by busybee View Post
I know this is a very old thread but can anyone tell me if "Reset All Settings" from Settings - General - Reset will erase the sms messages? Also, how long will it take?

Thanks.
no it wont. just a few minutes at most.
oakie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone