Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtandStructure

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Hello all.

I have consolidated and annotated the code from a method for dealing with high scores in an article on my web site, Working with High Scores. Like the photography section of my site I hope to add articles periodically.

When searching for a method to tackle high scores in the iPhone SDK I found no similar approach laid out, at least not in code. I think this is a unique solution, at least as far as spelling it out for people, in a compact and powerful form.

I know the iPhone SDK is a very close cousin to developing on OS X itself, so I hope this will be of interest/use for all you folks as well.

Let me know if anything is unclear about the article.

All the best,

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Don't forget you don't need to always use C data types. NSArray and NSDictionary make doing things like this a snap :)

ArtandStructure

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I appreciate the suggestion.

I am new to the iPhone SDK and had looked briefly into NSArray and NSDictionary but from what I saw, and the examples people were using, it didn't seem as though it would be any easier to use than the method I chose. In fact it appeared it would take more code to accomplish the same thing. Am I mistaken?

I would surely be interested in knowing if there is an even easier, more compact, more efficient way.

All the best,

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.