Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
pics? Hopefully this will make sense. I have User Background and User Lock Screen set in Winterboard. But the way to set these is to set the wallpaper in Apple Settings right? So I can't figure out how to make these different pictures :( There's probably a simple explanation that I'm not figuring out so please enlighten me! :p

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
pics? Hopefully this will make sense. I have User Background and User Lock Screen set in Winterboard. But the way to set these is to set the wallpaper in Apple Settings right? So I can't figure out how to make these different pictures :( There's probably a simple explanation that I'm not figuring out so please enlighten me! :p

Are you asking how to have a different background/wallpaper for lockscreen ??

When you apply a wallpaper, it shows up on lockscreen page. If you have some other lockscreen theme running, it can override the wallpaper you chose.

Really not sure exactly what your issue is.

I have a theme running on my lockscreen page and a wallpaper behind the theme. I set the wallpaper in Settings, but theme is SSH'ed into themes folder.

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
Are you asking how to have a different background/wallpaper for lockscreen ??

When you apply a wallpaper, it shows up on lockscreen page. If you have some other lockscreen theme running, it can override the wallpaper you chose.

Really not sure exactly what your issue is.

I have a theme running on my lockscreen page and a wallpaper behind the theme. I set the wallpaper in Settings, but theme is SSH'ed into themes folder.

I'm not explaining it right sorry. Let me try to clarify using the specific examples. I have 2 pictures- A and B. I want to use picture A as the wallpaper on my lockscreen and B as the "wallpaper" on my homescreen when the iphone is on. In Winterboard, I have selected User Background and User Lockscreen. But in order for Winterboard to select which User Pictures it uses for each of these, I have to select it in the native Apple settings>Wallpaper> select the picture. When I do that, I can't differentiate between one picture going to Lockscreen and one going to background/homescreen. Does that make more sense? Thank you! :)

qpid360

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Pasadena, CA
I did this waaaay back in the Summerboard days but I forgot the proper steps in getting two wallpapers working. If someone can clear this up for Winterboard, that'd be great.

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
I did this waaaay back in the Summerboard days but I forgot the proper steps in getting two wallpapers working. If someone can clear this up for Winterboard, that'd be great.

Aha, so I finally clarified correctly! :D Great, hopefully someone can remember how to do it then. Thanks! :)

qpid360

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Pasadena, CA
Aha, so I finally clarified correctly! :D Great, hopefully someone can remember how to do it then. Thanks! :)

Lol I understood you from your first post. It's funny though when I ask people the same thing, they give me a confused look.

Someone has to know how to do this with Winterboard.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I'm not explaining it right sorry. Let me try to clarify using the specific examples. I have 2 pictures- A and B. I want to use picture A as the wallpaper on my lockscreen and B as the "wallpaper" on my homescreen when the iphone is on. In Winterboard, I have selected User Background and User Lockscreen. But in order for Winterboard to select which User Pictures it uses for each of these, I have to select it in the native Apple settings>Wallpaper> select the picture. When I do that, I can't differentiate between one picture going to Lockscreen and one going to background/homescreen. Does that make more sense? Thank you! :)

The wallpaper for lockscreen can be selected via settings/wallpaper.

I have never used "User Background" or "User Lockscreen" and am not familiar with what they can and cannot do. According to what I just read, User Lock Background will put a wallpaper on apps pages and User Lockscreen a wallpaper on Lockscreen, so it should work, but I have no idea the method you use to select the separate wallpapers.

Or you can use a theme and you can drop the selected wallpaper via SSH into the folder the theme is in.

Thread on doing what you are asking ----> Hope it helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.