Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 6, 2009, 11:35 AM   #1
Wongiranger
macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G S SMTP problem

Upgraded from original iPhone to 3G S

Copied email settings to new device - MobileMe, Gmail, Hotmail and a POP account. All work fine except the latter - receives mail, but when sending / replying, I get error message:
Cannot Send Mail
The sever rejected one of the recipient's addresses. The message has been placed in your Outbox

The recipient address is valid! Outgoing Mail Server settings are:auth.smtp.domain.co.uk. All SMTP servers are toggled to "on". Domain provider told me to toggle SSL to "off". Server port is 587. Password is checked.

Why did it work ok on 1st generation iPhone, but not on 3GS?
Wongiranger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2009, 11:43 AM   #2
danpass
macrumors 68020

My outgoing problem was password related. Even after setting the passwords (correctly, yet again) it still gave me an error message.

but after about 20min it seemed to just correct itself and accept the passwords.

all email accounts work fine now over both wi-fi and EDGE/3G.
danpass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 06:24 AM   #3
ctdonath
macrumors 65816

Same problem here. Same settings as ipod touch, but won't send for rejected addresses.
ctdonath is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting