Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FearNo1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
I saw a couple TV ads promoting sending vid clips on the iphone? Does this mean that MMS is working on iphone? If so, is there a fee? BTW, I don't have an iphone yet

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Seriously, I don't even hate AT&T but they really look like a bunch of incompetant douchebags.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
no, the != means not equal to. or the same as the equal sign with a slash through it

effectively saying that the tv ad was showing email which is not MMS

!= means 'not equal to'

Ah my bad.
When I ruled the interbwebz we just used =/= to show not equal to.
It would have been safer to write the words. :) OR is this the new fandangled math they're teaching that I read about most recently?! :confused:

I'll go back to being old now.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Ah my bad.
When I ruled the interbwebz we just used =/= to show not equal to.
It would have been safer to write the words. :) OR is this the new fandangled math they're teaching that I read about most recently?! :confused:

I'll go back to being old now.

No, != is common code terminology for not equal. And I'm old! :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Well I'm sorry. :eek: I wasn't aware what != was. At least I owned up to it though. :D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
wow this thread is turning into a train wreck real quick

As it should. How any MMS threads do we need. Were it up to me, no one would ever be able to send me stupid ass pictures they took with their phone via MMS. Use email. For those phones without it, get it.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
As it should. How any MMS threads do we need. Were it up to me, no one would ever be able to send me stupid ass pictures they took with their phone via MMS. Use email. For those phones without it, get it.

Not everyone wants email. Forget email. If I'm not typing out a letter or sending actual attachments, i don't want to use email. If you don't want MMS, tell people not to send you MMS. That doesn't mean other people don't want it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.