Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jul 6, 2009, 03:45 PM   #1
eddyq
macrumors member

Need a low level SCSI driver example for osx10.5

Is there a place where I can download a low level SCSI driver source example for OSX 10.5?

If this is the wrong forum then please advise.
eddyq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Cromulent
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyq View Post
Is there a place where I can download a low level SCSI driver source example for OSX 10.5?

If this is the wrong forum then please advise.
Not that I know of for OS X specifically. You might be better off looking at a Linux SCSI driver and then trying to port it to OS X yourself to get a feeling for using IO Kit and the actual implementation of the driver itself.
Cromulent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 01:23 AM   #3
larkost
macrumors 6502a

Why not go look at Apple's source code in the Darwin project for this? Of course you have not said what you want this for, so if you are looking for this for commercial purposes you better make sure that you are not going to cross any nasty legal problems by looking at the code. So if you are doing this for commercial purposes (or looking to combine this with other open-source code) make sure that you can live inside the relavent Apple license.
larkost is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:01 AM   #4
eddyq
macrumors member

Need a low level SCSI driver example for osx10.5

Thanks, Is there a way I can download the complete set of source from this site?
Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:21 PM   #5
eddyq
macrumors member

Yes, there is a blue arrow over to the right ... just click on that.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 08:31 AM   #6
eddyq
macrumors member

Matching in a device driver

I'm writing a SCSI disk driver (from Figure 2-2 of http://developer.apple.com/documenta...00013-BEHEGHEG).

Doing some reading I found that there is a matching process that causes the disk driver to match up with the proper clients. But I can't find anything that is clear on how I specify the matching parameters. As far as I can tell it would be in a .plist file but now I can't find anything that specifies which parameters to set and to what values they should have. The HelloIOKit sample does this but it is not a SCSI sample so it is not of much help.

Does anyone understand this and if so can you give me some information?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:08 PM   #7
larkost
macrumors 6502a

This is not a good place to find help on this sort of thing. Apple hosts mailing lists on http://lists.apple.com, and there are a few that might be good for you there. Take a look at the archives of relevant ones, and post to the one that seems best. I know that there are a number of Apple engineers who hang out there (and probably few to none here).
larkost is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming