Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:56 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Where have all the white iPhones gone?

Category: Apple Hardware
Link: Where have all the white iPhones gone?
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2009, 03:42 PM   #2
macFanDave
macrumors 6502a

The funny thing is. . .

I hardly ever see any naked iPhones anyway. Almost every one I see is lovingly encased in some kind of protective cover, so I wouldn't be able to tell its color.

I'd highly recommend covering your iPhone. I fell while jogging and my iPhone 3G came out literally unscathed because it was in one of those Contour cases. So, don't let color availability stop you from joining the wonderful world of iPhone -- you should be covering it anyway so, as the late, great Michael Jackson said, "It don't matter if you're black or white."
macFanDave is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2009, 03:48 PM   #3
JoeCo0611
macrumors member

I forced myself into buying a white 16GB 3G the day after it launched last year because they were out of black 16GB 3G models (waiting 2 hours in a line helps too ). But I've found it to be quite nice, it doesn't show fingerprints like the black models and it's dripping with ipod nostalgia.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:04 PM   #4
dave491
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macFanDave View Post
I'd highly recommend covering your iPhone. I fell while jogging and my iPhone 3G came out literally unscathed because it was in one of those Contour cases. So, don't let color availability stop you from joining the wonderful world of iPh
I've dropped my completely unprotected white iPhone many many times -- even a few times onto concrete. Still works great. The screen's got a few minor scratches on it, but other than that it's worn really well. And never has it touched a case. This thing is built like a tank. The phone's so darn big already, I definitely don't want to make it any bigger with a case! Ack!
dave491 is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:14 PM   #5
Blacklabel34
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Blacklabel34
Quote:
Originally Posted by macFanDave View Post
"I'd highly recommend covering your iPhone. I fell while jogging and my iPhone 3G came out literally unscathed because it was in one of those Contour cases...you should be covering it anyway so"
My iphone doesn't even know what a case is

I have dropped my iphone numerous of times and it's fine (2 minor scratches on screen few blemishes on rear). BUT!
I did watch my friend's iphone (with a hard case on it) fall from a height of 3 feet and hit a wood floor. You'd think it would be fine since it had this $40 case on it and $10 screen protector. THINK AGAIN!! it was dusted! The whole lcd panel was displaying distorted black lines (NO broken glass or plastic) and the iphone wouldn't even turn on. I was with my friend when he bought his phone 2 hours prior. It was 2 hours old and dusted! SO the point I'm making is I drop my iphone at least 2 times a month and mines perfect!
but my buddy with over $50 of protection still ended up with a broken iphone after 1 drop 2 hours after getting it.
BTW get whatever color suits you!
Blacklabel34 is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:06 PM   #6
tayshon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCo0611 View Post
I forced myself into buying a white 16GB 3G the day after it launched last year because they were out of black 16GB 3G models (waiting 2 hours in a line helps too ). But I've found it to be quite nice, it doesn't show fingerprints like the black models and it's dripping with ipod nostalgia.
Same here, I love my white iPhone, and I brought a white 3Gs.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:04 PM   #7
fpnc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklabel34 View Post
My iphone doesn't even know what a case is

I have dropped my iphone numerous of times and it's fine (2 minor scratches on screen few blemishes on rear). BUT!
I did watch my friend's iphone (with a hard case on it) fall from a height of 3 feet and hit a wood floor. You'd think it would be fine since it had this $40 case on it and $10 screen protector. THINK AGAIN!! it was dusted! The whole lcd panel was displaying distorted black lines (NO broken glass or plastic) and the iphone wouldn't even turn on. I was with my friend when he bought his phone 2 hours prior. It was 2 hours old and dusted! SO the point I'm making is I drop my iphone at least 2 times a month and mines perfect!
but my buddy with over $50 of protection still ended up with a broken iphone after 1 drop 2 hours after getting it.
BTW get whatever color suits you!
My first generation iPhone was dropped from waist height while in its leather case and the display now has non-functional, gray lines running across the display. The glass is okay and everything else works fine but YMMV when you drop an iPhone.

As for the white iPhones, that table they published shows that the 16GB BLACK models are also in short supply. Thus, the article should be titled "Where have all of the 16GB iPhones gone?" The obvious answer is -- they've been bought.
fpnc is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion