Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:28 PM   #1
kirby1
macrumors newbie

New router?

About a month ago i've lost my wireless connection and decided to get a new router. I had an old Linksys router, but it wasnt compatible with Mac but somehow worked in the beginning. Would a new router thats compatible with a Mac help me regain my wireless internet connection?
kirby1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:30 PM   #2
celticpride678

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby1 View Post
About a month ago i've lost my wireless connection and decided to get a new router. I had an old Linksys router, but it wasnt compatible with Mac but somehow worked in the beginning. Would a new router thats compatible with a Mac help me regain my wireless internet connection?
Airport Extreme would be my preference
celticpride678 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:39 PM   #3
kirby1
macrumors newbie

should of got that instead, but do you think this router http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WRT120N would work good?
kirby1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:32 PM   #4
belvdr
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby1 View Post
How exactly is the old router not compatible with a Mac? I have never heard or seen such a thing.
belvdr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 05:19 PM   #5
lostless
macrumors 6502

Ya, any router works with a mac. Just could be a configuration issue either on the mac or the router.
lostless is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 01:25 AM   #6
socrates35
macrumors newbie

Router

The linksys router should work with your mac just fine. I would suggest going on the linksys website and download and print out the setup guide. Then connect your mac directly to the router and use a web brower and log into the router and setup the configuration for max protection and everything else. Its really easy and also I would suggest update the firmware. Usually the firmware will resolve most problems.
socrates35 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking