Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juanm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Hi!

Today I missed class, so my girlfriend used Audacity to record it, There were two different courses, but instead of creating a new project for each, she just created a new track, so now when playing and exporting, well, listening to two different teachers talk at the same time is confusing, to say the least.

I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to sound editing, so the question is: How can I copy one of the tracks and paste it into a new project so I can export each of them as a separate .mp3?
Copy and paste seem to be disabled/not working, and in the "File" drop menu, everything is greyed out...

Thanks for your help!

spaceboots06

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
The Rotten Apple
Hi!

Today I missed class, so my girlfriend used Audacity to record it, There were two different courses, but instead of creating a new project for each, she just created a new track, so now when playing and exporting, well, listening to two different teachers talk at the same time is confusing, to say the least.

I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to sound editing, so the question is: How can I copy one of the tracks and paste it into a new project so I can export each of them as a separate .mp3?
Copy and paste seem to be disabled/not working, and in the "File" drop menu, everything is greyed out...

Thanks for your help!

I myself am not familiar with audacity anymore; I haven't used it in 6 months easily, but I think you have to somehow convert the type of audio it is and then you'll be able to copy/paste it. Perhaps you can upload the project file and someone can take a look at it.

Dale Campbell

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2009

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 108

juanm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Hi guys, thanks! It's allright now. Closing and relaunching Audacity solved the disabled exporting problem...

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.