Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:23 AM   #1
jmir8-8-
macrumors newbie

Canon MX 860 vs. Canon MP 980

Please help! This close to finally pulling the trigger and entering the world of Mac.

Thrilled to switch off of HP and their print cartridges that run out ridicuously fast and cost way too much.

I feel very good about Canon as a choice, after poking around online for a bit.

I'm not clear on the exact differences between the 860 and the 980, besides the latter not having fax capabilities, I believe.

Looking for something that makes nice digital prints, uses ink at a reasonable rate, and maybe can even help adjust some of my digital prints to look a little better.

I'll admit that my current HP P1006 Laser Jet has been a workhorse for law school. The problem is that I seem to always be nearing the end of a print cartridge and the cartridge cost is painful.

Will either of the Canons print text at a lower quality than my P1006?

What are the differences between the two canons I've mentioned, and which of the two would people around here recommend?
jmir8-8- is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals