Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:32 PM   #1
y2knp
macrumors newbie

No carrier's sim card inserted, can i jailbreak/unlock my iphone?

Im now trying to jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3g. But i got this error message "The SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported" after having my iphone restored. My iphone is lock by Fido(Canada), but i don't have that original sim card with me. What should i do to update my iphone to 3.0 ,get my my back-up files back and have it jailbroken by redsn0w?
thx so much
y2knp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 09:16 AM   #2
giulianoaugusto
macrumors member

Buying the phone with At&t and cancel or buy it without a contact?

what firmware are you currently running? you should be able to JB with no sim card...or just insert any sim just to try it
giulianoaugusto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2knp View Post
Im now trying to jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3g. But i got this error message "The SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported" after having my iphone restored. My iphone is lock by Fido(Canada), but i don't have that original sim card with me. What should i do to update my iphone to 3.0 ,get my my back-up files back and have it jailbroken by redsn0w?
thx so much
Put the phone into DFU mode to upgrade to 3.0 in iTunes

Shut iTunes, put the phone back in DFU and run RedSn0w

Unlock with UltraSn0w
Moi un Mouton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:45 PM   #4
diroccs
macrumors newbie

Talking help

my friend gave me his first gen iphone, he got the new one. AT&T wants a butt load of money for a deposit for me to open an account. What are my options people? they ATT guy put a sim in it, and the main screen says all i can do is make an emergency phone call, my friend wiped the phone off before he gave it to me. any suggestions. I am currently a Sprint customer
diroccs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 02:34 PM   #5
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

See my reply in your other post
Old Jul 12, 2009, 12:40 AM   #6
y2knp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi un Mouton View Post
Put the phone into DFU mode to upgrade to 3.0 in iTunes

Shut iTunes, put the phone back in DFU and run RedSn0w

Unlock with UltraSn0w
but how to put the phone into DFU mode? thx
Old Jul 12, 2009, 02:45 AM   #7
y2knp
macrumors newbie

ok, i am now able to jailbreak the iphone, but i get another problem. My iphone was not able to receive incoming calls sometimes when it was jailbroke by using pwnage 3.0. Like i need to make couple out calls in order to get my incoming calls successfully, after awhile, the incoming call function not in order again. How should I fix that problem? thx
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:41 AM   #8
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

How did you do the unlock? Which network are you now on?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:23 AM   #9
y2knp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi un Mouton View Post
How did you do the unlock? Which network are you now on?
My iphone works perfectly now if i don't sync it with my itune. But if i did sync it with itune for my backup, then the problem exists. I am wondering if there is any virus in the songs I downloaded or the applications i downloaded from Apple store are not compatible with the ultrasnow or redsnow. Any idea?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:06 AM   #10
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

Rather than synching from backup then, it would be best to reload things one by one and see if the problem re-occurs. If it does you'll get a better idea of the cause.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks