Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:44 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

First iPhone 3GS augmented reality app awaiting approval

Category: Apple Software
Link: First iPhone 3GS augmented reality app awaiting approval
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2009, 01:03 PM   #2
u49aa2
macrumors 6502a

Looks cool, but the question is; how reliable it is?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 01:19 PM   #3
zombitronic
macrumors 65816

It's a good effort. I think the next step in mobile augmented reality is visual recognition software to help stabilize the augmented data. This would help the data appear to be solidly "pasted" onto the surroundings instead of jittering around the screen.
zombitronic is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2009, 02:09 PM   #4
Blacklabel34
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Blacklabel34
very impressed. It's exciting to see developers exercise the full potential of the iphone's software/hardware. This will only lead to more apps that incorporate augmented reality...
take that PRE!....can't wait
Blacklabel34 is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2009, 02:33 PM   #5
Mr. Zorg
macrumors regular

We may be waiting a while. I've had a v1.0.1 bug fix waiting for approval for three weeks now... I can't imagine how long NEW submissions are taking right now.
Mr. Zorg is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2009, 08:30 PM   #6
Steven89
macrumors newbie

This is just about the greatest app I've heard about.
If this works for the London Tube, one for NYC's subways will be just around the corner. I'd love this app when I'm waiting for the train and want to know when it's coming. With NYC's underground technology improving greatly, it could happen.
Steven89 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion