Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
ok i got a 3GS on att i still have a active 1st gen iphone running t-mobile and i have a question about canceling my account..

i still have like till feb 2010 till my 2 year ends..if i cancle my account now will i still have to pay monthly bills till the end of my contract on feb 2010..my friend told me something about they had to pay monthly even thoe they cancle the account already but they had a family plan and i have a single account..i never cancel a account before..im in USA

thanks

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
When you cancel, you will pay an ETF (early termination fee), between $200 and $300. Then you are free and clear.

TEG

ok great thanks so much..im going to let my mom play with it for a couple months before i cancle it then it will be a ultimate ipod touch..

thanks again:apple:

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
If you plan to cancel your T-Mobile service, it'll cost you $200 a line. If you're on a family plan, it'll cost you whatever, 2 lines would be $400..

If you're planning to keep someone on the T-Mobile service, just keep the line active, seriously $10/mo?

jmann

macrumors 604
Usually if you cancel your service while still in contract, it will bill to the end of the bill cycle (since you pay a month in advance anyway), and then it will automatically disconnect. So make sure to ask T-Mobile when that date is. It is usually around your due date each month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.