Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B737

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
as title states... is there anyway to remove the white dock background (get a "clear dock") without using winterboard?

ive found the location (i think) but now i need a transparent dock to replace it with...

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png

when i replace this file with a 'clear' attachment png i found, respring, it doesnt change the dock... any ideas?

mstier09

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
i've always replaced the file SBDockBG.png (rather than SBDockBG2) to change the dock, give that a try. Remember to make backups of originals when SSH themeing though.

B737

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
hey that did it! thank you mstier!

I attached the file below its coming up as an image

but for anyones reference heres the png.
"SBDockBG" right click "save as png" in the clear space below
then SSH it to: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG.png

right click, view it, select all (so you can see the clear image), save as .png

Attachments

• SBDockBG.png
    SBDockBG.png
    363 bytes · Views: 6,816

Mukas5150

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
anyone know how to remove dock background w/o using winterboard?

Thanks. B737, the clear image that you included in your message measures 320 x 91. When I ssh this image into my phone it changes the spacing of the icons on the home page. This is because the standard dock I was using measures 320 X 45. I tried to edit the image in Iphoto on my computer, but that will not work. Because the image is clear, once I edit its measurements and save it, unfortunately it saves it with the background color of the page.

Can you please post another clear image that measures 320 x 45? Much appreciated. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.