Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 6, 2004, 02:03 PM   #1
cr2sh
macrumors 68030

I can't buy music in iTunes, need some help.

Running 10.3.4 on a 1GHz / 1GB 17" Powerbook, iTunes version v4.5 (31)... when I try to purchase music (any music) in the iTunes Music Store I get an "Unknown Error 11503." Check out the screen grab below..

I've downloaded the iTunes installer a number of times, ran it... I always get the same error. Am I missing something?

Has anyone had a similar problem or can anyone recommend a solution?
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	x.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	14347  

MBP (early' 11/2.2/16GB/500GB/hi-res-ag)
cr2sh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 03:43 PM   #2
Veldek
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to Veldek Send a message via AIM to Veldek Send a message via MSN to Veldek
I did a web search, but didn't find any answers to your question. The most helpful comment was found here. So it seems that you should contact Apple.
Veldek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 03:54 PM   #3
aStabell
macrumors member

I've gotten this message before, I just quit and tried again later and it worked fine.
aStabell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 03:55 PM   #4
cr2sh
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veldek
I did a web search, but didn't find any answers to your question. The most helpful comment was found here. So it seems that you should contact Apple.
Problem solved. Thanks.

The error has to do with my AOL account. I used my AOL id to login to iTunes originally, it was the basis for my account, I had all but forgotten this. I recently dropped the AOL account.. which apparently negates my iTunes account of similar name.

I just created a new account... works fine.

The interesting thing is, I couldn't even download the "Free Song of the week."

Oh well... that's a lot better!

Old Jun 6, 2004, 09:17 PM   #5
ftaok
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2sh
Problem solved. Thanks.

The error has to do with my AOL account. I used my AOL id to login to iTunes originally, it was the basis for my account, I had all but forgotten this. I recently dropped the AOL account.. which apparently negates my iTunes account of similar name.
I have a question. What happens to music that you've bought under your AOL id? Can you authorize your iTunes with your old account simultaneously with your new account?

Am I missing something?
ftaok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 09:21 PM   #6
cr2sh
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftaok
I have a question. What happens to music that you've bought under your AOL id? Can you authorize your iTunes with your old account simultaneously with your new account?

Am I missing something?
The songs that I purchased under that account seem to work fine... my guess is that when my AOL account was deactivated - the link between my credit card (through AOL) to Apple's wallet, also was. I don't know really, that's just a guess... but after logging out and creating a new account it works fine.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store