Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nremondelli

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Just came out today! Looks good, but I don't have wifi so I can't download it til I get home. Let us know how it is. Says it has multiplayer but not sure if it is Internet based.

Cheers!

petemwah

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
downloading now, will post first impressions when i've played it! :) x

*edit*

okay, had a play, done a few challenges and here are my thoughts:

It's a faithful reconstruction of your typical 'Worms' game, I'm not sure which to compare it to exactly, but works well. Once you get used to the controls they work well (touch the worm once to jump, double tap the worm to backflip, touch left and right of the worm to move and drag to aim).

Navigating round the map is a piece of cake, simply use two fingers to move and use the pinch movement to zoom etc. The ninja rope controls work well, using four arrows to manouver the worm around.

There are a few bugs still, when you get a text message in-game and then return to the match the sound stops, the sound also stopped randomly at another time, but not quite sure why.

When multiplayer is introduced it will be great, I just hope they do what they have done on other platforms and introduce internet multiplayer in addition to bluetooth.

All in all though I'd say it's definately worth purchasing for £2.99! Afterall, it's a complete worms game for just £3. My only real complaint is that the app icon doesn't look as good as the icon in the app store, it doesn't say 'worms' which i suppose doesn't matter as the app title is also present, but it'd be quite nice to have that icon.

Below are a few screenshots of the game in action!

Attachments

• icon.jpg
    icon.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 67
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 68
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 83
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 80
  • photo kast.jpg
    photo kast.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 60

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
I just got it. Make sure you read the directions how to play. Once you get the controls down its awesome!

Best game on iPhone hands down. I see myself spending way too much time playing this. When multiplayer comes, its going to be simply amazing!

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
This is one game I've been looking forward to.

Well let me tell you it doesn't dissapoint. If you loved the old worms for PC then you will absolutely love this version.

The sounds are the same funny sounds and the weapons are fun.

So far I have not run into any issues and my advice... 4.99 is well worth it.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Entertaining and certainly well priced but I am finding the touchscreen not very responsive. Too often I have to give a second hard prod to get it to respond.

MDMac

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2006
McAllen, TX
I don't think that "no sound" bug is limited to this game. This happens to me in ALL games under OS 3.1 beta. Not sure if this happens in 3.0 (I don't remember it happening). Will be getting this now! Cheers!

Chongochingi

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2009
Quick Question

Can someone explain how to use the jetpack? I select it and then I can figure out how to turn it on or move around.

earltedly

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2009
Can someone explain how to use the jetpack? I select it and then I can figure out how to turn it on or move around.

Select it from the weapons panel, then press fire (bottom right). Hold down either side of the screen to go diagonally up and to that direction. You can then drop grenades or dynamite and other weapons using the drop button that appears or hit fire to cancel the jetpack.

Watch out for running out of fuel :)

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Gotta admit I'm liking it! I do think that the controls could do with a bit more work. Like others I'm having to poke the screen a few times to get what I want.....still not doing too bad so far! :D

Attachments

• jarhead.PNG
    jarhead.PNG
    111.2 KB · Views: 78

mattpreston11

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
got this yesterday. its decent but i dont think il end up playing it much. maybe its just not the kinda of game i play on my phone. i usually play games for a quick thrill. not a big long game.

one thing though, i wish they would have used the voices from the original game. its all the same phrases just rerecorded. should have used the classics.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I'm liking the ability to play a bit, quit the app for whatever and then come back to it and there is a Resume option. Makes those longer "campaigns" more manageable.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
This is really fun. The Ninja Rope is taking getting used to—I used to be a absolute master at it before.

Aiming, especially w/ the bazooka is going to need a small learning curve, but it's really really good. I am so happy this is out.

pudrums

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2009
Got the game this morning and its just awesome! I invited a friend over to test the multiplayer and we both agree that it´s absolutely addicitng. I guess there is just no better iPhone multiplayer game out right now:)

mix123

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
I keep trying to pause games by going to the menu to resume game or whatever and after 1 minute it crashes.. hope this gets fixed...pausing games is nice sometimes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.