Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jul 12, 2009, 09:46 AM   #1
jamesr242
macrumors member

Something wrong with my mini DP to HDMI cable?

I've been having this weird video playback issue when trying to play AVI's through my mini display port on my 13" MBP to HDMI and 25 ft HDMI cable to my TV. During some scenes the bottom half of the video gets shifted over a half inch or so on from the top on my Olevia (232v) 32" HDTV.

-It only seems to happen with higher resolution movies rather than the lower resolution TV shows that I watch.

-It happens in VLC media player or Front Row (with Perian codecs)

-Doesn't happen on the MBP's display

-Cable-wise I have Monoprice Mini Display Port to HDMI Adapter (part 5311) and HDMI Tin-Plated Copper CL2 Rated (For In-Wall Installation) Cable (26AWG) - 25ft (Gold Plated Connectors) (part 2841)

Could it be that my HDMI cable is too long or that maybe I got a bad adapter? Any ideas?
jamesr242 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Nimiety
macrumors regular

Simplify - connect it directly with another cable (maybe a 6' or so). Does it still happen if you eliminate the in wall cabling?
Nimiety is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater