Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twe Foju

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Jakarta
yeah.. so how many times i check for update, it says, my iPod has the latest software

so how do i upgrade it to 3.0??

Twe Foju

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Jakarta
not available in my country

wtf :mad:

say i register my APPStore account under the Indonesia Country

can i cheat that by re creating my account and selecting USA or any other country that has 3.0 ready?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
not available in my country

wtf :mad:

say i register my APPStore account under the Indonesia Country

can i cheat that by re creating my account and selecting USA or any other country that has 3.0 ready?

If you make an account in the Indonesian store, then you're stuck in that store for that account, you cannot move the account between different stores. You will have to make a new one for the US store. But even then, you MUST have an American credit card number or an American iTunes Store voucher to buy the update.

Twe Foju

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Jakarta
damn..

so i will just have to wait i guess

because i don't usually update my Apple stuffs outside of Apple's very own website, i just dont like it

so yeah, if i had to update my Apple products, it has to be from Apple's web

well then, i'll justwait till Indonesia's App Store to include the 3.0

thanks guys!

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
damn..

so i will just have to wait i guess

because i don't usually update my Apple stuffs outside of Apple's very own website, i just dont like it

so yeah, if i had to update my Apple products, it has to be from Apple's web

well then, i'll justwait till Indonesia's App Store to include the 3.0

thanks guys!

Most sites link straight to the file that's on Apple's server, so technically it is directly from Apple, you're just not using iTunes to access it :p

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
How far behind is the Indonesia App store in updates compared to the N. American App store?

Twe Foju

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Jakarta
How far behind is the Indonesia App store in updates compared to the N. American App store?

we still don't have 3.0 in the official store, hell 3.0, even 3gs is not available in the country yet

i think that is quite far behind

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
we still don't have 3.0 in the official store, hell 3.0, even 3gs is not available in the country yet

i think that is quite far behind

I'm kind of curious, could you post when 3.0 and the 3GS iphone becomes available?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.