Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaving Foam vs. Shaving Gel

• Shaving Foam

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Shaving Gel

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Indifferent; gel also becomes foam as well

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • I don't shave; I clip and trim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2007
I use a gel that's made from Oatmeal and seems to work best on sensitive skin - I got a ton of nicks and bumps from the more commercial stuff.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Meh, I just use some Gilette (sp?) something or other foam. Or some kind of lemony foam. I've tried gels in the past but I've always gone back to foam.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
I can't wait to hear what some of the women of MacRumors prefer. This thread would certainly become interesting. Lol.

Anyway, I prefer gel. Followed by a nice after shave to make sure I stay nice and smooth. Gotta stay my best.

Now when it comes to my face...

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
The gel I use is more like a lubricant that just lets the razor go along smoothly.

Although I don't really see any difference between the shaving gels and foams that come in aerosol cans.

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
actually , i dont use either.... or anything rather.

just hot water and a razor blade, always done it that way, and always will.

The hot water is the key. Get the face moist and the pores opened, then either gel or cream will work.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Shaving foam. Barbasol, in the green can. I used to use the stuff in the grey can, but they stopped making that. That, in combination with my deodorant, was 'my smell.'

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
just hot water and a razor blade, always done it that way, and always will.

Ditto. Never had any problems of bumps nicks or anything doing it this way. No need to spend more money on something I probably would end up not using.

That video is...I don't know and I don't ever want to know.

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
Ditto. Never had any problems of bumps nicks or anything doing it this way. No need to spend more money on something I probably would end up not using.

That video is...I don't know and I don't ever want to know.

It's a cartoonish video from Gillette. It shouldn't really be NSFW, since they use every euphemism in the book for the genital areas. I should have said it's not safe if the thought of putting a razor blade near your uhh, sensitive area, disturbs you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.