Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jul 12, 2009, 08:58 PM   #1
mike789
macrumors member

Buying a Bamboo Tablet

Hi, I'm just getting into the graphic design stuff and want to buy a basic tablet for drawing on the computer. I'm thinking this one :

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

It has pretty good reviews and I think it will be good for a beginner right?

And dumb question, but it will work with adobe photoshop and illustrator right? It doesn't come with software which is fine as long as it works with the above mentioned programs.

Thanks
mike789 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:06 AM   #2
likeavaliant
macrumors regular

Go for it dude. You don't need anything fancy if you're just starting out and that's a powerful tool as is. It works with both Photoshop and Illustrator.
likeavaliant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:07 AM   #3
lorductape
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to lorductape
it will act as the mouse, so it will work with anything. even safari. try playing a FPS with a tablet..

but on that note, IMHO that one youre talking about is trashy.
lorductape is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:06 AM   #4
sai addict
macrumors newbie

i suggest an intuos i had a bamboo and it was nice for illustrating but when you are working on a project the pressure sensitivity was all wrong and i tried changing the settings to hard or soft and it just wasnt the most comfortable
then i got the new intuos 4 (med) and there os 2000+ pressure sensitivity levels
i really enjoy it for drawing
sai addict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:05 AM   #5
jampat
macrumors 6502a

If you are drawing, touching up photos or moving points around in illustrator, bamboo works perfectly fine. If you start trying to create digital art with airbrush or painting tools, the intuos starts to pull ahead. I would go bamboo for now and see what you like/dislike, then if you decide to upgrade you know what you want (ie, would a larger or smaller tablet work better for you). Nobody can answer questions like that for you, it is a personal decision.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics