Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaGreat01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Is it just me or is it time to take some of these sticky threads down? What does it take for them to be un stuck? Some of them haven't had a post on man days, and some even weeks.

It's kind of annoying when going to the forums on my phone.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Wrong place for discussion.

They are there for a reason, to reduce clutter for your phone. They are common problems or questions people have. So in an effort to prevent two of these threads from popping up every hour, they are placed on top.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Is it just me or is it time to take some of these sticky threads down? What does it take for them to be un stuck? Some of them haven't had a post on man days, and some even weeks.

It's kind of annoying when going to the forums on my phone.

Kind of wish you could hide the ones you don't want to see. Or even hide certain posts, so you don't see them over and over. (Of course, some may say that about this one.)

DaGreat01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Wrong place for discussion.

They are there for a reason, to reduce clutter for your phone. They are common problems or questions people have. So in an effort to prevent two of these threads from popping up every hour, they are placed on top.

I know why they are there...that wasn't my question.

I don't think the "my phone won't activate" needs to be there since there hasn't been a post there in more than 2 weeks.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009

I don't think the "my phone won't activate" needs to be there since there hasn't been a post there in more than 2 weeks.

He's kind of got the "that's the way we've always done it mentality." RTFT then post, and at least address what the OP was talking about.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas

Just because they have not been posted on, does not mean they haven't been looked at. I mean, one would really ask is the one speaker post necessary? But look at how many people have viewed it. The point is to reduce clutter, not reduce post.

He's kind of got the "that's the way we've always done it mentality." RTFT then post, and at least address what the OP was talking about.
I mean, you can generalize me all you wish. I saw what the OP was referring to, I gave a response that I thought adequately addressed what the OP was asking, as well as pointing out that if the OP had read the rules, probably would have realized that the Site and Forum Feedback section is the place for this to be. With some post I agree I don't read every word that is being typed out, but this was not the case. I still think if you undid the stickies, at least once every couple of days "help activation problems" would ensue. Because for the most part people do not use the search feature/mroogle here adequately, rather they sift through three or four pages and give up.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
SNIP
I mean, you can generalize me all you wish. I saw what the OP was referring to, I gave a response that I thought adequately addressed what the OP was asking, as well as pointing out that if the OP had read the rules, probably would have realized that the Site and Forum Feedback section is the place for this to be. With some post I agree I don't read every word that is being typed out, but this was not the case. I still think if you undid the stickies, at least once every couple of days "help activation problems" would ensue. Because for the most part people do not use the search feature/mroogle here adequately, rather they sift through three or four pages and give up.

Sorry about the generalization then. I totally understood and agreed with you about the thread being in the wrong place, BTW. But, it's here now, so thought we might as well address it. Perhaps you're right about the stickies, but maybe not. It just would be nice to have the option

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Sorry about the generalization then. I totally understood and agreed with you about the thread being in the wrong place, BTW. But, it's here now, so thought we might as well address it. Perhaps you're right about the stickies, but maybe not. It just would be nice to have the option

I agree it would be nice, but I'd keep them there vs. the alternative. If even half the people look at the sticky as opposed to posting a new thread, it's a huge freakin' win. I mean one of the smartest things that the moderating staff did was sticky the I ordered/just got/etc. MacBook Pro thread...

Yet, still people feel the need to be special, but it's def. reduced cluttered so that we can see the fifty-five threads about the difference between the processor in the 13" and external hard drive questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.