Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:28 AM   #1
obrien234
macrumors regular

Error 1611 - iPod Keeps Rebooting

My 32 GB jailbroken iPod touch is continuously rebooting itself about every 3-5 seconds. While I was using it, it started doing this boot cycle. It shows the apple logo with the black background, then the screen gets mildly brighter and then a distorted white screen flashes and repeat.

My computer will recognize the iPod and says it needs to be connected to iTunes. Once I've done that it, I try to restore it and it says "The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1611)." I've tried attaching it in DFU mode and even just restoring it with the Red Sn0w.

During the restore process the ipsw will upload fine but when the program waits for the reboot at the end, that same 5 second cycle occurs and the thing is still unresponsive.

Any suggestions? And if I need to go to the Apple Store, will they be able to tell I jailbroke it?

Thanks.
obrien234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 02:46 PM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Error 1611 can be caused by several things. I suggest you take a look at this. Pretty much if this doesn't fix it, its not a software issue at that point, its something wrong with the phone itself. I don't know how the Mac Genius' can determine a nonfunctional phone such as your is jailbroken with it in its current state though and not even restoring in DFU...
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:44 AM   #3
F1rE
macrumors newbie

hi

I have the same problem it shows the apple and the iphone restarts after 2seconds starts restarts on and on... and i can`t make restore not eaven in DFU mode pls someone help me i`m so ****ed up ((((( it`s a 3GS 16G
F1rE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:05 PM   #4
obrien234
macrumors regular

Replacement was pretty much the only option...

I took mine to the AppleStore. They tried to restore and such and then just replaced it. Hopefully you're still under warranty, or you can talk them into just giving you a new one.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:35 PM   #5
obrien234
macrumors regular

I talked with MuscleNerd (a guy from the iPhone Dev Team) and he confirmed that if your iPod won't even boot up (failing at the apple icon on the screen), they shouldn't be able to even see what is on the hard drive until they tear it apart. Mine was jailbroken as well, and they couldn't tell.

Nevertheless, I made sure to try to restore it with iTunes a few times before taking it back.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 06:20 AM   #6
Boukman1997
macrumors newbie

Exclamation That didnt work

Hi um i downloaded this theme on my iPod Touch and now it reboots every few minutes then turns on for like fifteen seconds and then freezes and then reboots againNow my iPod is completely useless. Is there any way I can uninstall the theme without taking it to the apple store? The theme was called something like frost video theme
Boukman1997 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch