Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:11 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Telecom, Vodafone in iPhone customer scrap

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Telecom, Vodafone in iPhone customer scrap
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:43 AM   #2
Nermal

The interesting thing about this is that Telecom is not an official iPhone carrier, yet offers an iPhone plan. I don't know whether any other carriers in the world have this arrangement.
Nermal is offline   0
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:34 AM   #3
winmacguy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermal View Post
The interesting thing about this is that Telecom is not an official iPhone carrier, yet offers an iPhone plan. I don't know whether any other carriers in the world have this arrangement.
Nothing like a bit of competition and desire to stock a product that you can carry on your networks but not officially sell in your stores.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 06:32 AM   #4
retroneo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermal View Post

I'm with Three Australia, who have had a series of iPhone plans since August last year. They weren't an official carrier and didn't have the handsets. They gave you $300 to get one from their four competitors. You then request an unlock to be sent to your iTunes from the carrier.

This year however, already unlocked iPhones are available directly from the Apple Retail Stores and Online Store meaning you don't have to go through a carrier.

And from tomorrow the iPhone is also available on Three - making it available officially from all five carriers!

Competition is awesome.
retroneo is offline   0
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:25 PM   #5
Nermal

There's an interesting post over at Geekzone:

Quote:
I've received a tip today that Apple is not happy with Telecom New Zealand using the brand "iPhone" in the newspaper ads introducing their new iPhone plans.

I've reached Telecom New Zealand for comments on this and received the following:

"We continue to talk with all major device manufacturers regarding future devices for our roadmap. Commenting further about possible devices and ongoing relationships with manufacturers is something we choose not to do."

Of course I wouldn't expect anything more, seeing there are also other negotiations going on.

Obviously there isn't confirmation of this from anywhere else, and I only had one source for this rumour. Anyone else heard anything?
Nermal is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion