Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:58 PM   #1
objc
macrumors regular

any interest in squirrelfish extreme JIT on PPC?

I've been using Safari 4 on my G5 lately and I must say it is really nice. I've not previously been a fan of Safari, but the way this thing runs, I'm really starting to change my mind.

Anyway, this Mac still has a lot of life left in it but I was thinking it would sure be nice if there was a Javascript engine with native code generation for it. It looks like Safari's Squirrelfish Extreme is closer to having this capability than Chrome's V8.

I'd like to do it, but I don't see it being a one-person project. Anyone else interested in giving this a try?
objc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:59 PM   #2
Catfish_Man
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Catfish_Man
It would be a pretty significant project, definitely. If you're serious about giving it a try, drop by #squirrelfish on irc.freenode.net and see who's active. ggaren, othermaciej, or gbarra are probably good people to talk to.
Catfish_Man is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming