Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
Just southeast of Northwestshire
I got this on 5 April, and already, it has a problem.

Lines have randomly been appearing throughout the screen, distorting the whole machine and rendering it unusable for several minutes at a time. I've tried PRAM, SMC reset... any suggestions?

Video of problem

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
I've never actually seen that before, but wow it looks like the same problem i had with my old compaq laptop, but that one was worse, everything got distorted. I think it has something to do with your video cable connecting to the LCD, I may be wrong but something sure is loose.

I would take it to apple, and let them check it out, Plus it's an 09 macbook so i'm sure it's still under warranty...

Love

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
Just southeast of Northwestshire
Took it to Apple on Saturday. They said it would be done by 7PM that evening but I received no call. Gave them until 1:30 PM the next day, with no call. Called them and asked what was going on, as the website said that the machine was ready but I hadn't received a phone call. They said that they couldn't find my machine and he'd ask the genius when they were done their genius meeting. They called back. It needs a new screen, more than just the originally predicted logic board.

It won't be ready for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.