Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simon 5000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
I'm sorry I'm posting this here but I don't know where else I could post this and get a reply:

I have Apple In-ear earphones and I've lost a little screw on that protects the inside of the earphones, that I think kinda fell off somehow when I had my earbuds off. I really need to know if there is anyway Apple could help me out here, because the earbuds, when put on, now have a hole that goes straight into the earphones and it just doesn't seem like a good idea to leave them that way. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about I've lost the screw-on protective thing that you can see at the bottom of the black area of this link. Where the earphone is uncovered without the earbud. Yeah, I'm talking about that mesh cap thing, it doesen't look like it screws on in the pic, but it does, and I really need to know where/how I can get a replacement of if I can find earbuds that'll fit those earphones without leaving a ''hole'' in the middle. Thanks.

AndrewLGP

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2008
Chicago, IL
I just checked the link and I can see why your panicky those things are damn expensive. You should probably try contacting Apple directly. The links for the direct contact section are in the lower right corner of the main support page at Apple.com.

I just use the headphones that come with my Apple stuff, those things are too rich for my blood. especially since the basic Apple headphones are good enough for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.