Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nerida

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
I frequently use AutoCAD but would like to upgrade. Currently I use AutoCAD to draw 2D technical drawings for home modifications (eg bathrooms, ramps, lifts) which are used by tradesmen to carry out the required work. The problem I am having is that it is difficult for my elderly and disabled clients to visualise what the end product will look like from a 2D plan or basic elevation. Is there a MAC program which I can use to draw the 2D plan for my tradesmen and then transform the 2D into a 3D for my clients? Budget isn't an issue, willing to consider any program which readers may suggest.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
England
Apple Downloads

Yes, there's one exactly what you want. I downloaded a trial version from apple. It was very complicated but specifically for architects that draw a 2D image then transform it into 3D.

Apple has a download tab, click on that then there are seperate sections on the left hand side, there is one called imaging or something like that (you'll be able to figure it out). Click on it, there's about ten or something pages, search through and you'll find it. Try it out and see if you like, Not sure if the trial period will be long enough, it's very complicated and will take time, manuals and training CD's to master, could be a good investment for your line of work though.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.