Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dozer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
I am about to upgrade my blue & white G3 350 Mhz elderly mac to a brand spanking new dual 1.8 Mhz G5. The time has come to move on, and I am a very happy man :D :D :D As far as I am concerned these new upgrades rock!

I live in the UK and I would really appreciate any advice on how I can get my new machine as quickly as possible. Do I go thru apple uk? I have heard that they aren't exactly quick off the block when it comes to order fulfillment.

I feel the need for speed so tell me the quickest way to get my new machine :)

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
dozer said:
I feel the need for speed so tell me the quickest way to get my new machine :)

Apple will likely want to show off these 'new' machines. Scout out your nearest reseller and have a word with them, see when they expect stock. I personally use KRCS, but that's because their base is here in Nottingham. They're generally honest and helpful, even when it means directing you elsewhere for products :)

Though if you are planning on putting in an order and waiting (remember the 2.5s aren't shipping yet, and there are likely delays!) you might want to go straight to Apple's UK store. Basically, if you want one from a reseller -- make sure you leave with a box!

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
If you want one really quickly best to go to a store in person and pick on up. You may well get a rev A dual 1.8 for the price of the new ones, which would mean a better graphics card more hard disk space (and maybe more RAM I haven't checked the specs that closely). One other thing that’s good to know is John Lewis offer a 2year guarantee rather than the usual apple one year so that could swing your decision.

Enjoy your new mac

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
John Lewis is a good bet, as the chap above said. Plus, if you're near London, anywhere on Tottenhsm Court Road, especially Micro Anvika, usually carries stock....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.